Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I have my passport!

I got my passport today! I've been in Houston for the past 2 days at the passport agency. Yesterday (monday) involved waiting in line for about 3 1/2 hours, but it wasn't bad because everyone was really nice and I talked to a few people in line with me, so the wait wasn't too bad. So, after the wait, I submitted my application. When I got to the window the lady told me she had some bad news. I was afraid she was going to tell me that she couldn't give it to me for some reason. The news was just that I would have to come back the next day to pick it up. This wasn't bad news at all to me because my mom and i already had hotel reservations b/c we were originally planning to come on Tuesday to start this whole process.

ANYWAYS, today I was expecting to wait a long time to actually pick it up, but i didn't have to at all! I just walked right up to the window and handed it to me! It was a huge blessing. Now I can leave when I'm supposed to (On Thursday)...if I pack...haven't started yet!!

Thanks for all the prayers about my passport and please continue to pray as we leave and transition into the new culture! Thanks!

No comments: