Sunday, June 24, 2007

18 days!

I'm leaving for Honduras in 18 days! I can't believe that the time has gone so quickly! I finish my last week of work this week and then I have oh, about a week and a half to get ready to leave!

If you live in the Dallas or Ft. Worth areas, I'm being "introduced" at my 2 churches on the following dates, and would love if you could come:

Sunday, July 1: McKinney Memorial Bible Church, Ft. Worth, TX
Services are at 9am and 10:30. I will be introduced at the end of both services.
McKinney is the church I attended while I went to TCU. I went with a group of students from Mckinney to Urbana, the missions conference where I found out about the teaching position with World Gospel Outreach.

Sunday, July 8: Richland Bible Fellowship Church, Richardson, TX
Services are at 8:30, 10, and 11:30. I don't know the details yet of which services or when during the service the introduction will take place.
RBF is the church I grew up in! I went on my first mission trip while in the youth group at RBF. This trip is one of the things God used to get me interested in missions.

During the introduction, they will tell the congregation who I am, what I will be doing, and pray for me.
  • Please continue to pray that my passport will arrive in time! I will call them by the end of the week to see about it if I haven't received it yet.
  • Also please be praying for me and my family and friends as I'm starting the "goodbye" process. My twin brother, Robbie, is working at camp and I'm going to see him this weekend to say "bye." I'm very thankful for the technology that we have now. If I was doing this about 10 years or so ago, it would have been a lot harder to keep in touch.
  • Please also pray that I would spend these last few weeks wisely and get everything finished that I need to at home.

No comments: