Monday, April 30, 2007

Encouragement

It's been about 2 weeks since I sent out my letters. It's been very encouraging to see how God is already providing. It has been neat to see how people are responding to my trip. It seems like the more people I tell about it, the more excited they are for me and anxious to help in any way possible.

Just a couple of examples: I just finished student teaching. The teacher I worked with is about to marry a man that is fluent in Spanish. When I left, she gave me a little notebook full of important phrases that I should know in Spanish before I go. Also, my cousin has a friend that has been to Honduras before. The friend's husband is actually from Tegucigalpa I think. They are letting me go to their house so they can tell me all about Honduras...a little about the country and what to expect.

Also, the more I tell people about going, the more excited I get about everything. It's starting to hit me that I really am going in a couple of months, and this isn't just something that I'm talking about doing. I really am!!

I would appreciate prayer for this transition time: that I would trust God to continue to provide, for courage and strength as I start saying goodbye to people here, and that God would be honored in all that I do both here in pereparation to leave, and while I am down there.

Thanks!

1 comment:

headlesschickie said...

This is the best idea! I love 21st century missions!! You will love Katie and Kique. Their family is so sweet!

And I love your photo prayer card. You're like, a real missionary and stuff. I'm so proud! So happy for you!

Talk to ya soon, adri