Friday, February 11, 2011

Talking Coffee Plants

It's coffee season! That means that we have lots of workers from the community coming to the ranch to pick the coffee. They come and are starting to work between 7:30 and 8am. Anyways, sometimes when I'm walking to school in the mornings it sounds like the coffee plants are talking b/c there are people picking coffee,  but you can't see them because the plants are so dense. It always makes me laugh or reminds me of some movie or children's book or something imagining plants that can talk. I always like coffee season because I enjoy seeing some more people from the community and this whole agricultural process if you can call it that. Growing up in Richardson, there wasn't much going on in the way of harvesting any kind of crops, so being here and watching them work with the coffee and moras (blackberries) has been very intriguing.

No comments: