Friday, February 11, 2011

Chicken Feet

On Monday, one of my students came back to school after lunch and showed me a bag of something that she said she brought for the boys in our class. I didn't think much of it until later one of my boys came up with a chicken foot hanging out of his mouth!! I asked him about it and he said it was given to him by this other student. He thought it was delicious and continued to eat several of them in front of me of course because I thought it was disgusting and was making a big deal out of it. Just when I thought it was safe to uncover my eyes and actually supervise the rest of the kids at recess again, I looked to my right and there was another boy in my class with a chicken foot in each hand taunting me with them! It was disgusting and of course they thought it was hilarious. Then I felt bad thinking that maybe I shouldn't make a big deal about it if maybe it was a cultural thing...but then one of the Honduran teachers reacted the same way I did about them. Here's a picture I stole from my roommate:




No comments: