Monday, October 18, 2010

3rd grade quotes

Here are some fun quotes from my 3rd graders...just a tiny glimpse into my daily life:

"Guess what? I have a new boyfriend at church. He's really awesome. You know why? He knows how to control the TV."

Me: "Who can tell me what two categories animals are classified into?"
Student: "Ummm....mammals and femammals?"  :)

Me: "God made us different from the animals. Who can tell me what the difference is?"
Student: "Well, animals, when they have babies, they just kinda pop out, but humans have to go to the doctor and have lots of help...and people have to go inside to use the bathroom, but animals can go wherever and whenever they want."

Student: "Miss Hannah, you should be Princess Jelly."
Me: "What do you mean?"
Student: "You know, like on Star Wars?"
Me: "Oh, you mean Princess Leia?"
Student: "Yeah, yeah...that's what I meant."

Student: "Miss Hannah, we should have really hard spelling words this week."
Me: "Like what?"
Student: "Something like....Rock and Roll"

(while working on spelling)
student: "Miss Hannah, I need moist (one of the spelling words)."
me: "I don't understand. You mean you need to know how to spell it?"
student: "No. Don't you know what moist is? We talked about it with the plants. I'm so thirsty, I need moist."
me: "Oh, you mean you need water."
This lead to a discussion about the difference  between moist and moisture, etc.  :)

1 comment:

Tammy said...

these all made me laugh!