Monday, January 4, 2010

School Starts Tomorrow!

Our kids come back to school tomorrow. I'm excited to see them after not having them in class for 6 weeks! This semester I'm teaching lots of random stuff. I'm still teaching primarily 5th and 6th grade, but also have my 3rd and 4th grade math class, an ESL class, Chemistry, and Geometry. It will be a little more work refreshing my knowledge of Chemistry and Geometry, but I think I'm ready for the challenge!

I had a great time in the states! I'm glad that I got to see and reconnect with as many people as I did. I returned to Honduras on the 30th of December. The next night was a fun celebration for New Year's Eve. In Honduras, it's a tradition to make a scarecrow looking thing called "Old Man Year." You stuff him with fireworks, and at midnight, you burn him representing the passing of the old year and the coming of the new year. We continued with this tradition and also had games and puzzles going on in the big house to wait until it was time to burn him. I was excited to actually witness this tradition this year. My first year here, I was still in the states for new years and last year I slept through it b/c it was the same day I flew back into the country and I was exhausted. Needless to say, it was a fun night!

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: