Hi everyone!
I just wanted to write a quick little note to let y'all know that I made it back to Honduras safely yesterday. Thank you to those of you who were praying for a safe trip!
For the next few days, I'll be keeping myself busy unpacking from my time in the states as well as unpacking and rearranging all of my stuff in my new house! it's nice to be here in teh new house...just kind of weird since i'm not used to it yet. I'll post pictures on here as soon as i get it looking presentable :). I also got to spend a little time with my new roommates! I'm going to be living with Jae, but now am living with Kelly and Amanda also. They are 2 of the new teachers. i'm excited about getting to know them better and working with them for this year!
Teacher In-service meetings and things start on Monday and then the kids come back to school on the next Monday, August 4th. The closer I get to school starting, the more excited I'm getting, but also the more I realize that I need to do before then!
Several people have told me that i need to be better about updating my blog :). I realize this is true. Sorry I didn't update it as much as I should have during the last school year! I'll try to do better. If you notice that it's been a while, email me and tell me to update!
Oh...speaking of updates. You may be wondering about Julio the caterpillar, our class pet/science project that I mentioned several months ago ( http://hannahhonduras.blogspot.com/2008/04/class-pet-and-science-project.html). Sadly, Julio didn't make it. I came to school one day and saw 2 or 3 big fly/bee looking things in the jar with him. His cocoon had a hole in the bottom of it, and he never came out. I used it as an opportunity to tell my kids that sometimes things like this happen, and it's all part of how God created things to survive, etc.
Ok. I need to get busy unpacking and moving stuff around. I'll post pictures soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment