So, this week we were having math class outside for a little "change of scenery." While we were out there, Kevin saw a really cool looking caterpillar. Then, Julio suggested that we keep him. I decided it was a good idea and we might as well see if we can keep him through the whole "cocoon" process and everything. It turned out to be a fun addition to our classroom. We made a little habitat for him and spent our science period looking up caterpillars on the internet trying to figure out what kind he is. After we got him all set up in his jar, fixing the screen on top, and making sure he had everything he needed. Julio and I enjoyed going around the school showing it to other classes. OH...and my kids decided to give him a name. Guess what they decided on?!
Our caterpillar is now also named Julio. I think it was Kevin's idea, and Julio (my student) LOVES that something is named after him. He thinks it's pretty much the coolest thing ever. Here are some pictures of our new friend Julio.
Our caterpillar is now also named Julio. I think it was Kevin's idea, and Julio (my student) LOVES that something is named after him. He thinks it's pretty much the coolest thing ever. Here are some pictures of our new friend Julio.

This is his new habitat.

This is Julio!

We came to school on Wednesday and he had made a cocoon! I'll keep you updated on how he's doing. My kids are loving checking on him everyday and can't wait until he emerges as a moth.
Here's a recent picture of my class:

No comments:
Post a Comment