Saturday, August 9, 2008

Back to School!

I just finished my first week of school! We had a lot of fun. This year, I'm teaching 4th and 5th grade science, 4th-6th grade math, 4th grade language arts, 4th-6th grade home ec/agriculture/penmanship/industrial arts, and 10th grade biology. i'm enjoying teaching kids that are a little older this year. They are a fun group to have. I'm teaching the same students I did last year, along with a few others.
I'm including the names of my students so you can be praying for them with me.

4th grade:
Julio and Kevin (both are honduran children under the care of our ministry)

5th grade:
Elli, Emma, and Jennifer (all 3 are daughters of missionaries working here)

6th grade:
Franklin (he's Kevin's brother, also under the care of our ministry)

10th grade:
Audrey and Caleb (missionary kids)
Jhoselyn, Diasira, and Eleni (kids in our ministry)

Please pray that the students would learn a lot this year, academically and spiritually. Please also pray that we as teachers would recognize their needs and know how to meet them appropriately. Pray for the new teachers as they are slowly transitioning into this new life.

Thanks for all the prayer and support!

No comments: