I'm still alive! Our internet hasn't been working for a while, so I haven't been able to write anything.
Everything here is still going well! We only have a week and a half left of school in the semester! I can't believe time has gone by so fast! We have graduation on the 21st for our 6th graders. The Honduran school calendar ends in November. Two or three of our kids who are in the spanish curriculum will be graduating on that day! It should be a fun day. Many of the teachers are planning things for their students to do for graduation...it will be kind of like a talent show/program kind of thing. I'm not doing anything with my kids b/c they are already doing things with several of the other teachers....music, spanish, etc.
The community program with the kids has been going really well too. This past week, they made tie-dye t-shirts after talking about the story of Joseph and trusting in God. The kids loved it and the shirts turned out really cute! Here's a picture:

In other news, I'm coming home in a couple of weeks! I'm excited about it, but it will be sad being away from here for about 6 weeks. I'll be in the Dallas area for most of the time and in New Orleans for about a week. I'd love to see you if you're around!!
And about my newsletter.... my fall newsletter will be coming by the end of the month. I apologize for the lack of updates. I've been really busy and like I said before, the internet hasn't been the best, but I hope to see you soon and then I can update you in person!!
As always, thanks for the prayers and support!
No comments:
Post a Comment