Friday, August 24, 2007

Week 6 or so....i've lost count :)

Sorry I haven’t posted in a little while. I’ve been busy with school and everything. I won’t put too many details here because I have a newsletter just about ready to send out. I have some more details in it. I’ll try to send it out sometime this weekend.
Here’s a little bit about what’s been going on…
Jason, the last new teacher arrived last weekend! It’s fun to have all the teachers here now and I’ve enjoyed getting to know all of them. Right now, though a lot of the teachers are sick…or getting sick, so that’s not fun for us or for the kids. I feel like I’m starting to get what everyone else has…a cold with a cough. Please pray for good health for everyone here.
On Tuesday night, we had a wonderful evening at the Schultz’s house. Kymm and Eric are going to have a bible study at their house on Tuesday nights. This week was the first gathering. They invited us over for dinner and we were going to take a DISC personality profile test, but the tests haven’t arrived yet, so that will come later. It was more than just dinner at their house, though. We arrived at 6:15 to a “hostess” waiting for us in front of their house. She led us around to the back where they had turned their back porch into a little Italian restaurant! Along the steps on the way back were little paper lanterns with tea lights. On the porch, there were tables set nicely with table cloths and everything. We had “waitresses” who were 2 of the Schultz girls, Audrey and Emily, and Nadetie, one of the girls with the ministry. Our meal was complete with sparkling grape juice, choice of a salad or soup, bread with oil to dip it in, homemade lasagna, and our choice between this chocolate rum flavored 8 layer torte cake and a peach-pecan tart. It was all very delicious. It was the best meal I’ve had in a long time. After dinner, we went inside for some praise and worship time along with watching a promotional video for the Bible study we’ll be doing. We’re going to go through Tommy Nelson’s Song of Solomon video series. I’ve been through it before with CRU a few years ago, but I’m looking forward to going through it again. The whole evening was a huge blessing to just get away from thinking about school and everything and to have fun with the other teachers and people here at the ranch.
School is still going well! It seems like everyday, I learn more about what works and what doesn’t. Each day…well most days…I love it more and can’t imagine leaving. I’m considering staying another year. I know that would make it even harder to leave, but I think next year’s teaching would go a lot smoother and I love the kids so much!
That’s about all I have for now.
Here are some prayer requests:
Like I mentioned before, pray for good health for everyone here.
Please continue to pray for patience and love toward all my students and kids here, but particularly one.
Pray for the safety of many of the house parents that are out this week. They get a week off every month or so. They usually go to be with their families or just on vacation some where. The house parents of my boys are gone this week along with one or two other sets of parents.
Pray for healing and comfort for the kids here. Some have been through and remember more than others, but they are all here for some reason.

Thanks again so much for all of your prayers and support! I wouldn’t be here without them, and it’s encouraging to know people are at home praying for me!

No comments: